Many employers seek to encourage charitable contributions made by matching their employees donations. Through a matching gift, you can instantly double or even triple your contribution. So if you can afford to give $100, the charity will receive $200.
If you are interested in making a matching donation, here are five easy steps:
- Contact your Human Resources department or corporate foundation to make sure your company has a matching donation policy. There is usually a limit to the amount your employer will match each year (between $500–$3000 is typical).
- If your company has a matching donation program, inquire as to what paperwork is required to make a matching donation.
- Fill out the appropriate form(s) provided by your employer and submit them to your HR department or corporate foundation for processing.
- Contact us if you need assistance filling out the appropriate forms.
- Please send gifts or forms to: SeaShare, 600 Ericksen Avenue NE, Suite 310, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
We will send you an acknowledgment of your generous tax-deductible contribution. Thank you for donating to SeaShare!